NOTE: Depending on the model of SMART Board interactive whiteboard you are using, the Ready Light is either located on the right side of the pen tray or the lower-right of the frame bezel.
- Log on, if required, using the computer keyboard. When the Ready Light on the
pen tray turns green, the computer and the interactive whiteboard have
established communication. The whiteboard is now touch sensitive, and you can open
any application available on the connected computer.
Orienting the SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard
You should orient your interactive whiteboard when setting it up, or if either the projector or interactive whiteboard has been moved since you last used it.
- Press and hold the Keyboard and the Control-click button simultaneously until the Orientation screen appears.
- Begin orientation at the upper-left corner.
Press your finger squarely in the center of each red cross in the order
indicated by the white, diamond-shaped background.
Your Finger Is Your Mouse
A press on a SMART Board interactive whiteboard is the same as a click with your mouse. To open
an application such as an Internet browser, simply press or double-press the application with your finger.
Writing and Erasing Notes
To write over your desktop image or application, pick up one of the pens from the pen tray and write on the interactive whiteboard. To write in a different color, pick up a different pen. The color recognition comes from the optical sensors in the pen-tray slots and not from the pens themselves.
Pick up the eraser from the pen tray and move it in a smooth motion over your notes to erase them.
NOTE: The interactive whiteboard only recognizes the last tool removed from the pen tray. For example, if you already have a pen in your hand when you pick up the eraser, the interactive whiteboard will assume you want to erase regardless of whether you touch the board with a pen or an eraser. To avoid confusion, return each tool to its proper slot when you are finished writing.
Saving Your Notes
You can easily save the notes you have written on the interactive whiteboard for future reference.
- Press the Control-click button on the pen tray
- Press and hold the SMART Board icon in the Dock
- Select Capture Screen > Capture Selected Area from the menu
- Press the interactive whiteboard and, without releasing pressure, drag the selection box using your finger to outline the area you want to capture
- A copy of Notebook™ software will automatically open, allowing you to view the captured area
NOTE: Remember to save your Notebook file if you want to keep your notes for future reference.
Notebook software acts as an electronic notebook that can be used to edit, save and distribute information written on a SMART Board interactive whiteboard. To launch Notebook software, press and hold the SMART Board icon in the Dock and select Open Notebook