Interactive Whiteboard Installation Check List
Physical Board Mounting
- Are the mounting brackets securely attached to the wall?
- Are the mounting screws tightened properly?
- Is the plate securely mounted to the wall?
- Remote for Projector
- VGA cable for Projector
- USB cable
Test Network Drop on Wall Plate
- USB to box on back of board
- Cat5 cable from box to wall
- Cable connection from board to tray
- Check for connectivity from RJ-45 connection on wall plate with known-working laptop.
- If no connectivity, check wiring closet to see if wire has been run.
- If wire has been run, but not plugged into switch, plug into appropriate jack.
- Make sure cable and jack have appropriate labels.
- If no more jacks are available in switch, submit WRS ticket to Telecom.
- If no wire has been run to wiring closet, contact Jennifer Valenti.
- Turn on projector and check for correct alignment of projected image on board.
- With software loaded on a laptop, perform calibration on board.
- Test operation of board using laptop. If a Macintosh computer will be used with this board, check the software on a Mac.
- Open Web page and navigate through page using board.
- Draw a straight line on the board.
Call Jennifer Valenti 557-2800 with any questions or problems.